Rahul Gandhi is a famous Indian Politician. He is the fourth generation Indian politician of Nehru Gandhi family. Rahul Gandhi is the present president of Indian National Congress. He also holds the position of the Chairperson of the National Students’ Union of India and the Indian Youth Congress.
But before, Rahul was the General Secretary of the All India Congress Committee. He is a Member of Parliament expressing the constituency of Amethi, Uttar Pradesh in Lok Sabha.
At present, Rahul Gandhi is in the 2nd rank as a Congress Working Committee member.
Let’s know more about Rahul Gandhi age, political career, family, and many more.
All Info About Him:-
3.3 Favorite Things
3.5 Money Factor
1.FAMILY & BORN DETAILS
Rahul Gandhi born on 19 June 1970 in Delhi. He belongs to a family of politicians His great-grandfather, Jawaharlal Nehru, was the first prime minister of independent India. His grandmother, Indira Gandhi was the first and only women prime minister of India.
Rahul Gandhi’s father, Rajiv Gandhi, was the President of Congress and also served as Prime Minister. His mother, Sonia Gandhi, is the current President of the Indian National Congress. Rahul Gandhi considers as the fresh and young face of the Congress party.
Date of Birth: 19 June 1970
Birth Place: Delhi, India
Great Grandfather: Jawaharlal Nehru
Grandmother: Indira Gandhi
Father’s Name: Rajiv Gandhi
Mother’s Name: Sonia Gandhi
Sister’s Name: Priyanka Gandhi
Brother’s Name: None
Brother in Law: Robert Vadra
Uncle: Sanjay Gandhi
Aunty: Maneka Gandhi
Cousion: Varun Gandhi
2. STUDY & EARLY LIFE
His primary education was done from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi but after the first year of graduation he moved to Havard University. But unfortunately, in the year 1991, Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated by LTTE. Again, because of security reasons, Rahul Gandhi had to shift to Rollins College, Florida, where he finished his graduation in bachelor of arts in 1994. He completed his M.Phil. in Development Studies from the Trinity College of Cambridge University.
School: St. Columba’s School, Delhi, India
The Doon School, Uttarakhand, India
College/University: St. Stephen’s College, Delhi, India
Havard University, U.S.
Rollins College, Florida
Trinity College, England
Educational Qualification: Post Graduate (Bachelor’s of Arts, and M.phil)
3. PERSONAL LIFE
Real Name: Rahul Gandhi
Nick Name: RaGa
Party: Indian National Congress
Biggest Rival: Narendra Modi
Hobbies: Travelling and reading
Blood Group: B (-ve)
Food Habit: Non-Vegetarian
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hometown: Delhi, India
Current Address: 12, Tuglak Lane, Delhi
Age: 48 Years
Height: in centimeters– 170 cm, 1.70 m (in meters), 5’ 7”(feet-inches)
Weight: in kilograms– 70 kg, 154 lbs( in pounds)
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Favorite Politician: Rajiv Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru
Food: Cold Drinks, Noodles, and Coastal Indian Dishes
Girls, Affairs, & More
Marital Status: Unmarried
Affairs/Girlfriends: Veronique Cartelli (Spanish Architect)
Noal Zaher (Afghan Princess)
Salary(approx): Rs. 1 lakh + Other Allowances
Net Worth(approx): Rs. 2 Crore (As in 2014)
Assets/Properties: Agricultural Land worth more than 1 Crore
Bonds, Debentures, and shares in companies more than 83 Lakhs
4. POLITICAL JOURNEY OF RAHUL GANDHI
- Rahul Gandhi was elected to the Lok Sabha from the constituency of Amethi in 2004.
- In September 2007, Rahul Gandhi becomes the general secretary of Indian Youth Congress (IYC).
- Rahul Gandhi held his position in the constituency of Amethi in 2009 Lok Sabha elections.
- At the 2012 Assembly elections, he campaigned in Uttar Pradesh for nearly two months, accommodating approx 200 rallies. Congress won 28 seats in the state, which is six seats extra compared with the 2007 elections.
- At 19 January 2013, Rahul Gandhi was elected the Congress Vice President in a party conference of the All India Congress Committee in Jaipur. Formally, he is placed second in the party after his mother, Sonia Gandhi, who is the party president.
- He was won from Amethi constituency in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
- At 11 December 2017, he was elected President of the Indian National Congress.
5. CURRENT WORK & DETAIL
Current Post: President of Indian National Congress (INC)
Facebook id: click here Facebook
Instagram id: click here Instagram
Twitter id: click here Twitter
Some Other Facts of Rahul Gandhi
- He used the name “Raul Vinci” in his college days to hide his real identity due to security reasons.
- After completed graduation, he worked at a management consulting firm.
- Rahul Gandhi becomes one of the directors of a Mumbai based technology outsourcing firm Backops Services Private Limited.
- Rahul Gandhi did not hold any post until 2006 in the Indian National Congress.
- His social media funny name is Pappu.
- On 11 May 2011, Rahul Gandhi was arrested in Bhatta Parsaul village by the Uttar Pradesh police for supporting flustered farmers who were demanding more compensation towards the acquisition of their land for a highway project.
Hence, this is all about Rahul Gandhi. He is a young and new face of the Congress party.Follow Us